The National Institute of Adult Continuing Education (NIACE) aims to encourage all adults to engage in learning of all kinds.
We seek to achieve this by:
- running high-profile campaigns such as Adult Learners' Week and Quick Reads
- delivering high quality development and research work
- supplying expert consultancy, advice and support services
- engaging ministers and parliamentarians
- supporting networking with practitioners, policy-makers and researchers
- publishing leading books and journals
- offering a wide ranging event management service
- disseminating specialist information
- providing flexible and personalised training courses
We work with and for:
- adult learners, local authorities, government departments and agencies, voluntary bodies, charitable trusts, adult education providers, trade unions, employers, european funders
We are a charity, a company limited by guarantee and a member-led, non-governmental organisation. Our membership base is made up of individual and corporate members, who range from universities, colleges and local authorities to the BBC, the National Federation of Women's Institutes, the Trades Union Congress and the Ministry of Defence.
We are privileged to have HRH The Princess Royal as our patron. We are very appreciative of the support she has given to us, including attending the 18th Adult Learners' Week national awards ceremony in May 2009.